“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, constant in prayer” (Romans 12:12)You may have noticed that, in Murfreesboro, if you keep driving long enough, the road you’re on will eventually change names. (Ex: Lebanon Pike/Memorial Blvd/Old Fort Pkwy/Franklin Road)
Similarly, the long road of our Adoption journey is about to change names to the journey of Parenthood. Yes, today we received the long-awaited “pink slip”—our appointment date at the U. S. Embassy in Guatemala to pick up Nathan Daniel’s visa so he can travel home with us.
Did you hear that? NATHAN DANIEL IS COMING HOME NEXT WEEK!!!
We will fly to Guatemala Saturday (or possibly this Friday) and meet him for the first time soon after we arrive at our hotel. Monday we will go to our embassy appointment, and on either Wednesday or Thursday we’ll fly home. Oh boy! We have a lot to do to get ready and not much time left!
Please pray for us as we pack and make travel arrangements. Pray that our immigration clearance comes THIS WEEK. We can’t travel without it, so we’re calling everyone we can to help speed it along. Finally and most importantly, pray for Nathan Daniel. He has been with his foster family for all of his 14 months, so this will be a hard transition for him. Pray that he senses how much we love him and learns quickly that he can trust us for all his needs. Give thanks also for his foster family who have taken such good care of him for us. Thank you for your faithful prayers!!
WOO HOO!!!

7 comments:
How exciting for you! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Our prayers are with you for speed in the final paperwork, safe travel, and a smooth-as-possible transition.
this is so, so wonderful... I cant believe its happening next week! I wished I lived closer so I could throw you a shower or something
Ill be praying for Nathan Daniel and that its an easy transition for all involved
WHOO-HOO!! That doesn't even seem strong enough. I can not imagine how excited you are. Congratulations and we'll all be looking forward to hearing about your journey of parenthood.
I am so happy for you guys. It is hard to imagine that your life can change anymore than it already has the past three months, but it is about to get a lot crazier. In an awesome way. I can't imagine a better home for Nathan Daniel. You two are some of the best people that I know, and I know that you are going to be wonderful parents. I am praying for you both and for Nathan Daniel. Can't wait to see homecoming pictures.
Love,
Amanda
We are so excited for you! We will definitely be praying for your trip and for Nathan Daniel. He is going to bring so much joy to your lives. Please let us know if we can help you do anything to get ready for his arrival.
We cannot wait to see Nathan's precious face. Welcome to this wonderful role of parenthood! Blessings on all your travels - know that love and prayers surround you all!
A big congratulations for you guys. I can't wait to see pictures of the three of you together. Have a safe trip!!!!
Cindy Posey
Post a Comment