Friday, September 19, 2008

A Fun Day

Grandmama came over this morning with cousin Micah. Here she is reading a book to her two favorite boys. Nathan gave her a new official title today--"Grandmamama". Yes, there is at least one extra "ma" in there. That's how he said her name several times today, and she loves it! Why be "Nana" or "Meemaw" when you can be "Grand-ma-ma-ma"!


For lunch, Grandmama and I loaded up the boys to go see Great-granddaddy and Great-grandma Jan. Nathan continues to warm up to all his family members, as you can see here. He really enjoys his family (and getting his picture taken). He has started giving love to us all in the form of hugs around the leg. He wraps his arms around the recipient of the hug, leans his cheek into their leg, and says, "aaaw". So that is our offical word for hugs now: "aaaw". He is such a sweet little boy. He sleeps with a little stuffed bear, whose name is "Bear", and we often find him hugging Bear and saying "aaaw", especially in the mornings, after nap, or in the car.
Look how much fun all these boys (all three of them) are having. (Also notice the hat on the end-table. It would be great for Mark. It says "No Hair Day".)

We have established a new tradition (OK, just for two weeks so far) of going out to eat every Friday night with the whole family--Micah, Uncle Nathan, the Brown Grandparents, and this week the Great Grandparents too. Really, it's not a new tradition, because Kathy and I always did that with Granddaddy and Grandma Herrod when we were young. I have a lot of fond memories of eating and being silly at Arby's or sometimes Quincy's.


All in all, the weekends are great! Mark lets me sleep in, and he really enjoys spending all day with us. We're hoping to go to church this Sunday AM. It will be the first time Nathan has gone in the morning. If you see us there, hold out your hand so Nathan can give you five!

3 comments:

Jason Taylor and family said...

How did church go this morning? I saw you (Janet) in the hallway - I wish I could have stopped to chat! Hope he had a great Sunday. Love the pictures.-Christie

Unknown said...

You are such an amazing family! That precious Nathan is so blessed. I love keeping up wil you all through these blogs...your mom always lets me know when they are updated! She is one special lady...I know YOU know that.

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

What a sweet family you make! I love all the pictures and seeing how well everyone is adjusting... :)