We're home, and we're tired. But what a wondeful thing it is to be home and to have our little boy with us. Life is great. Plus, there is some crazy-intense Olympic badminton action on MSNBC right now.
Saturday was a very long day. Our son had pooped and peed on his parents before we even left the ground, and we were travelling by road or air for fifteen and a half hours straight. But Nathan handled the flights rather well, customs and immigration went very smoothly, and we arrived safely.
Today was another roller coaster day. Lots of ups and downs with Nathan's mood as he began adjusting to his new surroundings. Thankfully, evening bath-time and bed-time went very well and he is sleeping soundly now.
This smile is always hard to catch on camera. Sometimes it is hard to get one from him at all. But whenever it appears, it makes it all worthwhile.
We will post lots of pictures later, but for now here are two more.
Mommy & Nathan waiting at the Atlanta airport
Nathan's first ride in a car seat (ever!)

5 comments:
Hi Hanet! This is Ashley Westbrooks (Flanary). I just wanted to Congratulate you!!! Nathan is adorable. You are going to be an amazing mommy!
We are actually conidering adoption in the future. I am not going to bother you with questions right now because you should be enjoying your baby boy but at some point I'd love to talk you about your process and angecy. :)
Again Congratulations!!!
Hugs
Ashley
Congratulations! He's beautiful! I know I'm not supposed to say that about a boy, but he is absolutely gorgeous. Welcome home and I can't wait to meet Nathan!
Laura
he just looks so big.... he is a cutie.... I wish you all the best!
Congrats! Enjoy your little boy and we'll be praying for continued adjusting for all of you. Making a family of two into a family of three is always a challenge, but one I'm sure you are all up to tackling.
Janet and Mark,
I am a friend of Nathan's. He was my daughter's teacher last year and a great one at that. I have been following your blog for a while as I'm watching little Micah grow. I am so very happy for your family. Congratulations on finally being able to bring your son home. Nathan is very blessed to have you as parents- being chosen and wanted. Best wishes in the days and weeks to come during the adjustment. Many prayers are with you.
P.S. Just to let you know a couple things that might help with the stomach issues - if he's able and will eat bananas or yogurt - they are a natural "cure".
Heather
Post a Comment